Mohawk Industries Director Design - Resilient in Dalton, Georgia
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Major Function and Scope:
• Planning, researching, story-boarding, and communication of strategic proactive line plans/action plans for top 8 accounts.
• To support the Art Director with regard to reactive design requests as needed.
• Working closely with the VP Design to make certain that every design project, reactive and proactive, is 100% resolved and approved before it is presented and/or shipped to customers.
• Travel to sales meetings, line reviews, and markets as needed to make formal presentations of new products, trends and colors.
• Purchase artwork for all Mohawk Home projects.
• Work with Forte Cloth to license designs for current and future projects.
• Work with the VP Design to help organize, prioritize, and guide/set overall direction/strategy of projects and proposals for the company.
• Work with Colorist to approve color and establish new color ways for printed, woven, and tufted products.
• Support the Art Director with regard to trend presentations for customers.
• Utilize Mohawk’s human resources, intellectual properties, physical assets, and monetary resources across the organization to their full potential.
• Foster positive morale and encourage a creative working environment.
• Lead all category segments with regard to Target stores development and research by attending markets, line reviews and brand summits as needed, communicating Target trends to the Mohawk team, and communicating trend presentations to Target Corporate team.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in home furnishings design field or other relatable fields. Must have previous design experience in the home furnishings business.
• Communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are key strengths.
• Presentation (PowerPoint) skills must be exceedingly professional.
• Must be comfortable presenting and products and trends to large numbers of people.
• Comprehensive understanding of the home furnishings industry and the mass merchant/home centers. Exceptional understanding of trends with regard to area and scatter rugs.
• 5-10 associates
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Req Id: 28784