Mohawk Industries PART-TIME SHOWROOM SALES SPECIALIST - SAN FRANCISCO, CA in San Francisco, California
Exciting opportunity with the world's largest flooring manufacturer. This is a great opportunity for a current design student looking to gain hands-on experience.
This position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week). Position will be based at our beautiful San Francisco showroom (212 Utah Street - San Francisco, CA 94103).
Responsible for developing and maintaining favorable relationships with new and existing clients that visit showroom in an effort to meet sales objectives for all commercial brand product categories. Provides product information to create interest and generate sales for all product brand categories. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities.
• Presents and sells all commercial brand products and services to clients visiting showroom and provide technical assistance/information regarding product quality and attributes.
• Develops and maintains relationships with clients and act as liaison for client with the commercial sales representatives
• Maintains knowledge on all current commercial product brand categories.
• Assists customers with product pricing, availability and order status.
• Ensures that showroom and sample inventory levels are maintained to service local market.
• Provides leadership and guidance to showroom intern.
• Assists showroom intern with gaining exposure and knowledge regarding the commercial flooring industry via outside sales team and daily tasks.
• Provides feedback to sales management regarding customer needs/requirements to enhance or improve current selling strategies and techniques
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience and working knowledge of commercial products in the flooring industry
• Familiarity with Revit/Sketchup preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas
• Ability to develop and maintain exceptional client relationships.
• Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives
• Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator-willing to take the initiative
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Job ID 2017-31976
FLSA Status Exempt
Company Mohawk Flooring Sales
Business Site US-CA-San Francisco
Job Group Sales