Mohawk Industries LEAD PERSON WAREHOUSE-KENT,WA in KENT, Washington
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
1st Shift position 7a-3p
• Oversee functions of warehouse workers on an assigned shift to ensure accuracy and completeness of warehouse responsibilities and on-time shipping
• Direct employees on correct loading process of products on delivery trucks
• Train new employees on equipment operation, shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, and other warehouse responsibilities
• Certify employees on forklift operation
• Operate lift truck, cut table, or other machinery used in preparing and loading flooring products for shipment
• Informally monitor employee performance and provide feedback to management on issues/concerns
• Provide backup in absence of supervisor
• Demonstrate expected safe work habits to others – lead by example
• Assist in leading safety meetings and implementing safety initiatives
• Perform other functions as assigned by management
Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Basic knowledge of DOT requirements.
Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to Mohawk safety standards. Forklift certified.
At least 18 months experience in functions being assigned to lead.
Demonstrated positive work habits, dependability, and good attendance.
Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and twist without restriction.
Vision must be correctible to 20/40 for lift truck operation.
Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. several times a shift.
Must be able to operate lift truck controls.
Job ID 2017-32394
FLSA Status NonExempt
Business Site US-WA-KENT
Job Group Logistics