Mohawk Industries SR MANAGER QUAL PROCESS ENG- EXTRUSION in BRIDGEPORT, Alabama
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for planning, directing, implementing and monitoring the quality assurance and control initiatives of the manufacturing operations of fairly complex products and multiple product lines. Ensures continuous production of products consistent with established standards. Performs duties at the division level, consulting and advising Senior Management teams on issues and strategic initiatives in the area of quality and process improvement.
• Provides direction, leadership, and development opportunities for quality functions such as quality, engineering, product testing, production processing, receiving, in-process inspection, etc. Audits the production processes for achievement of quality inspections; facilitates corrective action and process improvements based upon the audit results. Reports accomplishments against quality operating goals.
• Provides leadership and technical direction on issues related to Material, Product and Process Quality. Develops plans for, oversees implementation, and monitors performance and results against plans, to ensure the highest quality of purchased materials, systems utilization, product quality. Proactively identifies potential issues and recommendation solutions and/or “best practice” system modifications to control operating/production cost, optimize productivity, reduce downtime, etc, while improving quality and safety.
• Plans, promotes organizes and/or provides training related to quality concepts and practices; interfaces with internal and external customers, vendors, and manufacturing teams to define and improve quality standards and expectations.
• Participates as a subject matter expert on Division strategic planning teams/committees, developing short- and long-range plans to improve the effectiveness of systems and processes while ensuring compliance with customers and internal quality standards, and to identify and resolve systematic and incidental quality problems.
• Leads or participates in planning and implementing changes in production methods, tooling and equipment, space allocation, workforce utilization, production schedules, lines, and other factors required to maintain or improve compliance with quality standards of existing products, and to establish initial continuing compliance with quality standards for new and/or redesigned products. Develops and documents standard or changes to operating policies and procedures to ensure effective evaluation and analysis of processes, components, materials, goods in process, final products, etc, to ensure the seamless transfer, distribution and continuance of knowledge.
• Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors and human resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
• Proactively reviews and interprets plant performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results; recommends, solicits feedback for and approves changes in plans to address deficiencies and plan deviations to ensure division/plant goals and objectives are accomplished; presents reports on plant and project performance, changes, scope variations, and other related matters to senior management.
• Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related discipline, MBA preferred
10+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size, diversity and complexity. Related manufacturing industry experience preferred
Experience must include
Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex manufacturing business issues/problems (Similar industry preferred)
Advance technical knowledge in product design functions, manufacturing processes, inspection and statistical methods, and quality management systems such as ISO 9000, QS9000, etc.
Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which included project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based manufacturing systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change. Advance knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean or similar methodology, training and experience required.
Minimum of five years in a leadership/supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
Job ID 2017-31887
FLSA Status Exempt
Business Site US-GA-DALTON
Job Group Manufacturing